Every amateur of the gym knows that in order to achieve the desired effect of an expanded silhouette, it is necessary to have a proper diet. Muscle-oriented organisms must receive an increased amount of calories and nutrients from vitamins and minerals to stimulate muscle growth. Often and hard-working people, in particular, should take care to provide themselves with an extra dose of protein and carbohydrates at least once a day. To add variety to your daily diet, we present interesting recipes for protein cocktails, which you can make yourself at home.
Protein cocktails – what?
The main ingredient of a protein cocktail should be, as the name suggests, protein. The best option is of course to use protein supplements of any taste, many of which can be found in stores with supplements. In addition to the conditioner you can also use buttermilk, natural yoghurt or kefir, depending on the type of dessert you can also bet on rural cheese or lean curd.
However, protein is not everything to increase muscle mass, we must also remember about carbohydrates. These should be both simple sugars (the best source of which are fruits: bananas, plums, raspberries cherries, also dried fruits) and complex sugars (oatmeal, bran, wheat germs. It is also worth throwing in some nuts, almonds or coconut chips.
In addition to the cocktail we can also add linseed oil or ground flax, peanut butter or coconut oil – sources of fatty acids, supporting muscle regeneration.
Provisions for protein cocktails per weight
Provision No. 1
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter;
- 1 banana;
- one serving of whey protein;
- 100 g of cold chocolate yoghurt;
- 200 g of skimmed milk;
- a spoonful of cocoa.
Put all ingredients into the blender and mix. If the consistency is too thick, add more milk.
Provision No. 2
- 1 portion of vanilla protein supplement;
- 2 soft bananas;
- 2 tablespoons of oat flakes;
- a glass of cold milk or buttermilk.
Mix protein conditioner with milk or buttermilk. Cut and chop the bananas in a blender. Pour in protein, add the flakes and mix everything together.
Provision No. 3
- 350 ml of kephir
- 3 tablespoons of wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons of rye bran
- 1 soft banana
- approx. 1 glass of blueberries or strawberries
- honey or cane sugar to taste
Crush the banana, pour kefir, add the rest of the ingredients, blend to a smooth mass.
Provision No. 4
- 300 milk;
- 3 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt;
- half a glass of oat flakes;
- 2 kiwis;
- 3 mandarins;
- 2-3 tablespoons of powdered green barley;
- a spoonful of honey and half a glass of orange juice.
Peel and slice the fruit as small as possible. We also combine the ingredients – we blend.
Provision No. 5
- two glasses of milk;
- a portion of raspberry or vanilla protein supplement;
- A glass of fresh raspberries;
- a handful of oat flakes;
- nuts and nuts to taste;
- optional: honey for sweetening.
Put all the ingredients into a blender and mix.
Protein cocktails by weight – why is it worth doing them?
Specially prepared protein cocktails can also be found in shops with supplements for athletes. However, creating such desserts yourself at home brings many benefits:
- the possibility of adjusting the ingredients and their quantity to individual needs;
- incorporation into the composition of fresh fruits that contain more vitamins;
- lack of artificial substances and sugar;
- You can make a cocktail at any time;
- individual calorie selection.
Protein cocktails are something worth introducing to the menu, especially on workout days, when our body needs a special top-up. They will help our muscles grow faster as they receive a higher dose of the calories and nutrients they need.